Data Loss Prevention

View Only

ORA-01691: After importing a DLP database backup schema on Windows

• 1.  ORA-01691: After importing a DLP database backup schema on Windows

Posted Jul 20, 2018 04:02 PM

Team

I have used the DLP Prevention Oracle 12c SE2 R2 Installation and Upgrade Guide  specifically the chapter #6, but an error appeared during the import process, I would like to share my experience to receive feedback from you about how to deal with this situation:

1. Chapter # 6 requires having an empty database (See table 6-1, pages 44-45)
    2. Use expdp to export the database  (pages 47-48)
    3. Move the dump file (export.dmp) to the new Database (folder called DATA_PUMP_DIR)
    4. The issue happens an hour later of running the following command (Page 50, step #6):
      1. oracleerror
        1. With a completation status of 60% appears the following error:
          1. Resumable status: SUSPENDED
            ORA-01691 unable to extend lob segment  …. In tablespace LOB_TABLESPACE.
    5. I have checked and there’s no verification steps on the Guide to probe that the dump file is not normal.
    6. As far as I know datapump is not a simple file copy, it’s a complex sql query which outcome is a dump file.
    7. Our DLP database uses multiple datafiles for the LOB and other DLP tablespaces.
    8. Once it’s running , the impdp shows the error related to the tablespace and the suggested parameters does not provide a pre-verification so, it will restore information until a specific percentage and then shows the error.
    9. If you are on a situation that the impdp fails then it's quite possible that  with an inappropiate stop the impdp job will leave the DB in a non consistent state.
    10. It’s not just to start the impdp from scratch again, if you re-run it will show more errors related with existent tablespaces already imported ( the Symantec guide does not mention that).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.