Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 12:06 PM

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I'm running into an error with Outlook 2007 set up with POP3, with the error 0x800CCC0F when trying to send and receive.  This started occuring after uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection (10 or 11?).  Interestingly enough, Outlook Express works just fine with the same settings.  If I reinstall SEP, the issue goes away.  I'm guessing that has this has something to do with the Symantec Outlook add-in, but I'm not sure.  Having SEP installed is not possible, since our company spent a lot of money switching away before someone fully tested for problems such as these.  :(

Has anyone seen this issue before?  Thank you guys in advance!  Whoop whoop!

• 2.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 12:10 PM

I found this KB that talks of the same error when SEP is installed. Check the steps and see if it helps.

OUTLOOK CANNOT RECEIVE emails after installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP). ERROR: 0x800ccc0f. The connection to the server was interrupted -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91874&locale=en_US

Another thought is to run the Cleanwipe tool on these systems and see if the error goes away.

How to get the CleanWipe tool (Endpoint Removal)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-get-cleanwipe-tool-endpoint-removal

• 3.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 12:20 PM

Thank you for your timely response!  

Unfortunately, the first article does not apply to me because it only occurs after the removal of the program. Outlook works swimmingly when SEP is installed.  

I also used Cleanwipe to remove SEP from the majority (all buttwo or three) of the workstations.  Only a few did I use Add/Remove Programs, just to see if that made a difference.  

• 4.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 01:11 PM

Have you tried running a repair of Outlook after SEP is removed?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611

• 5.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 01:24 PM

I have.  I've even reinstalled Outlook a few times, doing a comeplete wipe of the program.

• 6.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 01:32 PM

Check this article, there are additional links on the page that may provide a solution - Error: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection . . ." when sending or receiving email in Outlook or Outlook Express

http://service1.symantec.com/support/sunset-c2002kb.nsf/f7d6cb402f0b760785256ee600549628/9baed38adf4b406f85256edd00478d5f?opendocument

• 7.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 01:36 PM

You do not remember what version of SEP was installed, if SEP at all?

Can you take a look at 2 things for me please.

First, if you had SEP 11 installed, chances are on your workstation you also had the Firewall component installed.  If this was the case, the SEP firewall had suppressed the built-in Windows Firewall.  Is the Windows Firewall enabled on these problematic clients?  Can you disable it for testing purposes?

I know, you said, Outlook Express is working.  Thats what is leading me to think, Windows Firewall and not SEP.  The Windows Firewall would ask for specific access per software, I.E. Outlook Express not being the same as Outlook. 

Second, in your Device Manager:

Select "show hidden devices" under View.

Expand: "Non-Plug and play drivers".

Do you see anything called Symantec in the list?  Such as "Symantec Endpoint Protection Firewall"?

If so, go ahead and uninstall those...

• 8.  RE: Outlook 2007/Error 0x800CCC0F/Uninstalling Endpoint Protection

Posted May 22, 2012 02:44 PM

Thanks!  I will try those suggestions next time I have access to one of the workstations, (I'm not on site.) which will probably be tomorrow.  Will update when I have more info.