Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Command Line ldap://keyserver.pgp.com:keyserver send <3153;connection failed>

Posted Mar 12, 2012 02:24 AM

Hi

I was trying to do below procedure to upload a key to the public keyserver using your key ID. however there's an error.

C:\Users\Administrator>pgp --keyserver-send 0x17263E3A --keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com

Result: ldap://keyserver.pgp.com:keyserver send <3153;connection failed>

May I know what the error means.

thanks

• 2.  RE: PGP Command Line ldap://keyserver.pgp.com:keyserver send <3153;connection failed>

Posted Mar 12, 2012 01:19 PM

Perhaps you cannot contact the key server from your location (port 389 is being blocked)?

Also, perhaps try sending to ldap://keyserver2.pgp.com

• 3.  RE: PGP Command Line ldap://keyserver.pgp.com:keyserver send <3153;connection failed>

Posted Mar 13, 2012 03:28 AM

already disabled the windows firewall but still no luck. no other firewall involved.

• 4.  RE: PGP Command Line ldap://keyserver.pgp.com:keyserver send <3153;connection failed>

Posted Mar 13, 2012 02:24 PM

I've tried uploading keys to keyserver and keyserver2, both with equal success.

Can you telnet to keyserver.pgp.com port 389?

It doesn't solve this problem, but you can always submit your key via the web UI, http://keyserver.pgp.com

• 5.  RE: PGP Command Line ldap://keyserver.pgp.com:keyserver send <3153;connection failed>

Posted Mar 13, 2012 09:57 PM

i already submitted my public key to the Global directory. I'm now on the process of importing keyring.