Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Public Key error: Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted

Posted Dec 13, 2013 08:54 AM

Can someone please help, not very familiar with this siftware. I emailed the public key to our vendor and she is getting this error

Form field input errors:

Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted!

Back .Assign PGP Public Certificate

*Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted!

Thanks

• 2.  RE: PGP Public Key error: Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted

Posted Dec 13, 2013 09:19 AM

A Public Key block is a set number of characters.  Sounds like either you are sending it incorrectly or she is importing it incorrectly.  At any rate sounds like human error.

Are you emailing the asc file?  Or just copypasting the keyblock text and putting it in an email?

• 3.  RE: PGP Public Key error: Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted

Posted Dec 13, 2013 10:37 AM

I right click on the key and choose send in email...is  that the wrong way to do it?

• 4.  RE: PGP Public Key error: Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted

Posted Dec 13, 2013 10:58 AM

No that's one of the correct way to do it.  Are you getting this error?  What version of PGP is the vendor using?  There are some old PGP versions that arent compatible with newer PGP keys

• 5.  RE: PGP Public Key error: Certificates larger than 4000 characters cannot be accepted

Posted Dec 13, 2013 11:32 AM

Our external customer is getting the error. This was installed on another user's computer before, That user left so we installed in some one elses computer. Installation went good, same version...I emailed the key to the external customer and thats the error she is getting. is a way to lower the carater count?