Desktop Email Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with encrypted attachments in Outlook 2007 with version 10.3.2 MP13

• 1.  Problem with encrypted attachments in Outlook 2007 with version 10.3.2 MP13

Posted Jun 17, 2016 06:51 AM

Hi,

we were using Encryption Desktop 10.3.0 MP3 before, and encrypted attachments from all received emails were automatically decrypted and shown as decrypted files (without .asc extention) when opening an encrypted email in Outlook 2007.

Now with version 10.3.2 MP13, when opening some encrypted emails with attachments in Outlook 2007, the email body is decrypted but attachments are still displayed as encrypted files with an .asc extention. Clicking on the attachement opens up a dialog to save or open the attachement. Saving lets me save the encrypted file with .asc extention. When I click open, I actually get a dialog to save the unencrypted attachment. This is quite cumbersome.

How can I re-enable the automatic decryption of the attachments in Outlook 2007 when opening up an encrypted email?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  RE: Problem with encrypted attachments in Outlook 2007 with version 10.3.2 MP13

Posted Jun 17, 2016 08:36 AM

I did a test with another email and it does not seem to be a general problem but rather related to specific emails from specific senders. The difference between a working email and a non-working Email:

Working Email sent with OS-X Mail and GPGTools with OpenPGP. The email headers from the working email include:

Content-Type: multipart/encrypted;
        boundary="Apple-Mail=_5190EDB6-62A4-46DB-9236-629EB0945FD0";
        protocol="application/pgp-encrypted"
    X-Pgp-Agent: GPGMail 2.6b2
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Content-Description: OpenPGP encrypted message
    X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.3124)

Non-Working Email was sent with MS Outlook via "SafeGuard MailGateway".The email headers from the non-working email include:

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
        boundary="-CM_GW:=GSjV6gJuKioe1e91NA6npXm7RLkl4rVQb4q"
    X-MS-Has-Attach: yes

Any ideas?