Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Problem on imaging Dell optiplex 755!

Posted Mar 18, 2009 03:54 AM

I have always face an error of " An internal inconsistency has been detected...." error when dumping a finalised image to a Dell 755. It always occurred at the last part. I have no problems dumping to other dell models like GX620 and GX280. For your info, I am using PXE aka ghost 8.2. I also did run the integrity check on the finalised image and it was successful. Have anyone encounter this problem before? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Problem on imaging Dell optiplex 755!

Posted Mar 18, 2009 10:31 AM

iswandi,

The Dell Optiplex 755 machines are really new and using newer SATA technology. I would recommend upgrading to Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 (Ghost 11.5). That being said, it may be worthwhile to retake the image using the -FDSP switch, which forcess Ghost to preserve the disk signature, and/or -FNI, which allows Ghost to better interact with the hard drive.

• 3.  RE: Problem on imaging Dell optiplex 755!

Posted Mar 19, 2009 11:19 PM

Thanks Randall. Not sure whether i have the fix the issue or not. What i did was defrag the source hard disk before dump. booom.. it went thru... anyway, i will monitor and will test a few times. Thanks bro.