Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Problem whith creating Directory Connection on Symantec DLP 12.0

Posted Nov 05, 2013 02:21 PM

Hello!!! I need help. Sometimes ago i decideto install symantec dlp stend 12.0 on my environment. When i try to configure directory server connection  I faced the problem - "Could not log in to the directory server  whith the specified credentials"  Error.png

My domain controller work in windows 2008r2 server and on 2008 r2 functional level, windows fierwalls is off on both DC and Symantec DLP servers. Credentials from domain admin user, and they exactly valid.

Two weeks ago I configure this option in another DLP stend whith 2003 server in dc controller role, and have no problem with it. Can it depend on DC functional level, or not? Must i configure additional parameters on DLP or my DC server?  

• 2.  RE: Problem whith creating Directory Connection on Symantec DLP 12.0
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2013 09:52 AM

Change the format for the username to Administrator@symctx.local and get rid of the DC=DC in the base DN line and it should work. In the hostname DC is the name of the system and is not a part of the domain name.

• 3.  RE: Problem whith creating Directory Connection on Symantec DLP 12.0

Posted Nov 06, 2013 12:39 PM

Thank You for you answer! It's helped me. I also had some problems whith my DNS server, and when i solved it, all start to work. Problem solved,

• 4.  RE: Problem whith creating Directory Connection on Symantec DLP 12.0

Posted Nov 06, 2013 12:44 PM

Thank You!