Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  RDeploy: The disk was not found HP Z440 SSD Deployment Console 6.9 SP6

Posted Aug 03, 2016 12:18 PM

I am in an environment where we are still running version 6.9 with SP6 for the deployment solution console.  I have an HP Z440 workstation that needs I need to create an image from.  It has a hybrid drive with the SSD acting as the drive the OS and all user files will sit on with the HDD acting essentially as an external hard drive.  Only programs file will be stored on the HDD.  I keep getting the error "RDeploy:  The disk was not found" when I am creating the system image.

Any help would be great.

• 2.  RE: RDeploy: The disk was not found HP Z440 SSD Deployment Console 6.9 SP6

Posted Aug 08, 2016 01:32 PM

If you run WinPE with a "pause" command you can then ALT-TAB to the command window with the W: drive and run rdeploy.exe manually and see what drives RDeploy can see.

• 3.  RE: RDeploy: The disk was not found HP Z440 SSD Deployment Console 6.9 SP6

Posted Aug 09, 2016 03:06 PM

It is not seeing the drive.  Do you know if 6.9 is compatible to create an image from the SSD that is using the PCIe slot?

• 4.  RE: RDeploy: The disk was not found HP Z440 SSD Deployment Console 6.9 SP6

Posted Aug 10, 2016 06:50 AM

Not sure, I suspect the problem is that WinPE isn't seeing the drive. You might be able to add the driver to WinPE using Boot Disk creator from PXE Manager.