Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues

Posted Jan 29, 2013 08:58 AM

To Whom It May Concern:

I setup SEPM 12.1 orginally on our Windows Server 2008 R2 with our Exchange Server.  Had it all configured with email notifications, etc...  We then decided to move it to a Windows Server 2003.  To do so easily we decide to go with the approach of the Symantec Article ID: TECH 104389 (How to move Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from one machine to another) using the replication server method.  Everything worked accordingly.  We then stopped the embeded database and Management Server on the old server and the new server appeared to be working correctly.  However, the new server is not sending email notifications.  We have checked the mail server settings and they are correct.  We setup a new connector in Exchange 2010 correctly.  What is strange is that Server Health notifications are working, but no other notifications are???  Even the Test Email in the mail server setup will not work.

Wondering if anyone would have any idea as to why the Server Health email notifications would go thru as email, but nothing else.  Cannot find any errors in logs either.

Thanks.

John

• 2.  RE: Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues

Posted Jan 29, 2013 09:00 AM

Do you have the mail server name setup by hostname or IP address. If hostname, did you put in the FQDN?

• 3.  RE: Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues

Posted Jan 29, 2013 09:09 AM

Have the server health notitfications any different settings than the others?

Are these set to send emails to : "Send email to system administrators" or " to (comma or semicolon separated"?

• 4.  RE: Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2013 09:43 AM

Hi,

Delete the notificaiton & recreate them in the console.Check if it works.

• 5.  RE: Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues

Posted Jan 31, 2013 02:54 PM

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I have mail server name setup by IP Address.

The notifications are all original as setup on the first server and replicated to the second server, so they have not changed.  They are setup to email " to (comma or semicolon separated)" with only one email address.

Will attempt the suggestions of deleting the notification and re-creating. 

Thanks.

John

• 6.  RE: Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues

Posted Jan 31, 2013 05:33 PM

What exact SEP 12.1 are you using - there have been several defects in SEP prior to RU2 regarding the notitfications - any chance for upgrade to 12.1 RU2?

• 7.  RE: Replication SEPM 12.1 Server Email Notification Issues

Posted Feb 01, 2013 10:24 AM

Presently running SEPM v12.1.1101.401  RU1 MP1

Deleted the Authentification Notification and recreated it in the console.  Tested and I am receiving notification of login failure.  I will do the same to the other notifications.  Thanks.