Data Center Security

View Only
  • 1.  Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 02:11 AM

Does anyone know where the report tab has disappeared to as it is no longer in the java console nor inside the UMC for DCS:SA?

Why did Symantec remove the reports tab? Why is it no displayed in UMC?

• 2.  RE: Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 04:47 AM

Hi ThaveshinP,

The report tab, if I've understood correctly is now the monitoring Tab within the UMC.

If you navigate to the UMC consoile and select "Unified Management Console" on the top right (NPIC1), you'll get a drop down called "Server" this is the path to the DCS environment (NPIC2).

Selecting Server will take you to the DCS environment. Select Monitor, this will allow you to report on and monitor the prevention / detection events within DCS (NPIC3).

If you can't see Server then your DCS will need reconfigured.

I've attached some screen shots to illustrate,

hope this helps.

Kev

• 3.  RE: Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 20, 2017 04:51 AM

Hi ThaveshinP, 

Sorry, didn't realise you were on 6.7.

You may have to run C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Data Center Security Server\Console\Console.exe -csp to get the monitoring tab back.

See article: https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/assigning-prevention-policy-not-enabling-dcssa

Kev

• 4.  RE: Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 05:32 AM

Hi Kevin,

I do see the server and see both detection and prevention events, but I want to either export or create a report that can be given to the customer? Example: list of servers, server with total events etc....this i can't see doing inside the server console.., and I am using 6.6. Previous versions had a report function ....

• 5.  RE: Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?

Posted Jan 23, 2017 01:41 PM

We've developed an inexpensive light weight reporting engine with a Web UI called SOLVE. We've mapped all of the tables in SCSPDB so you can visually create reports and have them emailed on a schedule.  Lots of cool pre-built panels as well. 

detection policy changes solve.png

• 6.  RE: Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?

Posted Jan 24, 2017 01:00 AM

Is your Web UI interrogating the DB tables directly? Where is this UI?

• 7.  RE: Report tab no longer in DCS:SA 6.6/7? Where can I find it?

Posted Jan 24, 2017 10:01 AM

Yes,

You create a data connector connection to the SQL Server where SCSPDB resides. It's a WebUI that runs on IIS. You can install it on top of one of the DCS Managers or on a separate server. 

NorthStart_SOLVE_Master_Dashboard.JPG