Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971

Posted Jul 19, 2011 08:15 AM

After upgrading to 12.1 last week, we have around 15 workstations on our internal domain that hang on ccSvcHst.exe on shutdown and the only way to complete the shutdown is to click "End Now" on the appliaction not responding dialog box. We did'nt have this issue with SEP 11 and i only found 1 or 2 threads with issues related to ccsvchst.exe.

Is anyone else seeing this issue on 12.1 clients? Or does anyone know what could be causing this to happen and know of a fix?

• 2.  RE: RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2011 08:26 AM

Are you seeing this?

"End Program - Network Activity" dialog appears on shutdown when Symantec Endpoint Protection is installed

• 3.  RE: RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971

Posted Jul 19, 2011 09:12 AM

Yes, That is the one and thank you for the info. I had it disabled on all the groups except for one which is the group i tested the upgrade on.

Strange thing is that this group had the inherit policys checked but for some reason this option was not disabled like the rest of the groups, so i had to fix it manually.

• 4.  RE: RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971

Posted Jul 19, 2011 09:25 AM

I know there was a version of 11 that had a similar issue where it would display similar dialog for one of the SEP services during shutdown.  It was brief and then the system did eventually shut itself down.

I am curious, does the system eventually end the program automatically or does it require user intervention this time around?

• 5.  RE: RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971

Posted Jul 19, 2011 09:41 AM

I'm glad that it helped; Have a wonderful day :) 

• 6.  RE: RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971

Posted Jul 19, 2011 09:52 AM

From what i was seeing it required a user to actually click the "End Now" or it would stay like forever.

• 7.  RE: RESOLVED: ccSvcHst.exe causes workstations to hang on shutdown SEP 12.1.671.4971

Posted Jul 29, 2011 03:42 PM

Well thought it was resolved but it is still happening even with the ""Check floppies when the computer shuts down" option un-checked on all the groups. I even went to a couple stations that are doing it and checked the auto-protect option for it and it is in fact un-checked on the stations also.

Any ideas what else would cause this?