Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 20, 2010 09:09 AM
      |   view attached
    Help..  I've searched the forums and google for help..  Have tried multiple things, removed all symantec folders.. shared.. common.. you name it.  Un installed live update, installed different versions of live update first..  removed registry keys (pending, ams2)  Doesnt matter.. still rolls back. 

Attached the logs created by last attempt.

Attachment(s)

zip
    SEP_INST.zip   405 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 20, 2010 09:14 AM
    try after a reboot sometimes it works, or else
    remove symantec antivirus if its present in the add/remove programs
    delete all the symantec folders
    remove liveupdate
    delete liveupdate folders
    install liveupdate
    and intsll sep

• 3.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 20, 2010 09:24 AM
    Delete following folders if present
    C:\Program Files\Symantec
    C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec

Also delete following reg keys
    HKLM\Software\symantec
    HKCU\Software\symantec
    Install SEP RU6 and try..

• 4.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 20, 2010 10:35 AM
    Well, I am running End Point small business,  12.01.  I've tried everything you've mentioned.  If you search my registry and drives for the word symantec or update you will come up blank.   I reboot and do a fresh install whether it's pushing it or installing it from the setup exe.. Still It fails.   I am at my wit's end.

• 5.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 20, 2010 10:49 AM
    are you trying from a RDP session ; if so try loggin in locally and try to install..

• 6.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 20, 2010 01:02 PM
    tried locally and rdp.  tried locally from the temp folder and from the server. Tried hopping on one foot.  Looking for another package to install in the mean time .. since my exchange server has been without AV coverage for 10 hours now.

• 7.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 21, 2010 03:17 PM
    Install windows installer Cleanup Utility
    Launch that utility and look for AMS 10.0.0.0 if found remove it then install SEP
    Since Microsoft has retired this utility you can download it from the site below its tested by me..
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility-Download-18442.html

• 8.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)

Posted Aug 24, 2010 09:14 AM
    AMS 10.0.0.0 is not there. I'm telling you.. it's possessed.  I installed Kaperski server over the weekend.. Went on just fine.  Feel better about haveing something on there.. just wish the program I paid for would install.

• 9.  RE: Rollback at the end of Install of Endpoint Small Business (2003 Server w/Exchange)
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 24, 2010 03:37 PM
    have you tried running Cleanwipe.
    Call support and get a copy of Cleanwipe utility.