Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Posted Jun 26, 2012 02:17 PM

About a month ago I noticed that the virus distribution information being displayed by the reporting server was inaccurate...It kept showing that nearly all of my clients were on a definition version from 5/17/2012 (we update defs once a week) but when I would go and check random individual clients in SSC I would find that they were most definitely on the latest available definition version. I don't particularly use the reporting mechanism other than for my own piece of mind so I just let it be, today I took a look again and I notice that now it is only showing 75 clients instead of the 1550+ clients that are actually connected to this SAV server in the reporting server dashboard. Has the database become corrupted? Again when I view random client definition details in SSC I find that clients are on the correct and latest definitions.

• 2.  RE: SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2012 02:36 PM

This is a cosmetic issue.  After downloading 20120515.017 and beyond, if you no longer see the correct date, migrate your Reporting Server to MR8 or later.

• 3.  RE: SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Posted Jun 27, 2012 05:37 AM

Hi Mike00s10,

I really recommend moving away from SAV 10.1 as soon as possible.  It is hitting its end of life in one week.

End of Life announcement for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and Symantec Client Security
    Article: TECH178551   |  Created: 2012-01-09   |  Updated: 2012-04-23   | 
    Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178551 

• 4.  RE: SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Posted Jun 27, 2012 01:04 PM

Thanks guys, we are just now looking at migrating to 12.1. I am curious if it makes sense to migrate on the same server as our current SAV10 installation (also houses WSUS 3.0) or if it would be better to start from scratch with a new server? We have roughly 1600 clients.

• 5.  RE: SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 28, 2012 02:37 AM

Hello,

Please check this Thread which would give you a bit of insight on how to go ahead with Migration from SAV 10 to SEP 12.1.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/migrating-sav-10x-sep

Also, I would also recommend you to check this Article:

Quick Access to Symantec Knowledgebase Articles of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/quick-access-symantec-knowledgebase-articles-symantec-endpoint-protection-121

The Above Article includes all the Articles which you may need for Migration Purposes.

Secondly, about the WSUS server and Symantec Endpoint Protection on the same server - I would say as the 12.1 version communicates over with Apache webserver, no problems should appear.

Hope that helps!!

• 6.  RE: SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Posted Jun 28, 2012 04:28 AM

I am curious if it makes sense to migrate on the same server as our current SAV10 installation (also houses WSUS 3.0) or if it would be better to start from scratch with a new server?

The answer really relies on how powerful a server it is.  If it was state-of-the-art back in the days when SAV 10 was released, then chances are that a modern laptop has more CPU, RAM and hard drive capacity.  &: ) 

You may be best off in the long run by setting up the SEPM on a new server of decent, modern specifications.  In five years time it should still be quite capable.  But a server that would be ten or more years old, at that point......

• 7.  RE: SAV 10.1 Reporting server not displaying correct information

Posted Jun 28, 2012 10:05 AM

Thanks for the links and advice guys! My desire is to start with new hardware personally but I am sure you guys know how difficult it can be to persuade the powers that be to approve such things!