Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SAV 10.1 to SEP 12 Migration

Posted Oct 31, 2011 01:46 PM

Hello,
    I'm looking for some information about the process I should create to migrate our current SAV 10.1 managed servers and clients to a new SEP 12 server and clients.

So we want to deploy new severs to host the SEP12 consoles, and migrate our existing 10.1 clients to the new server on the SEP12 client this includes servers and workstations, any recommendations on how to efficiently execute this problem?

I wrote a script to uninstall the old client and to install the new client, upon installation is there any way of being able to point to the new servers appose to the old managed servers through  the batch script I wrote?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Anthony

• 2.  RE: SAV 10.1 to SEP 12 Migration

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 31, 2011 01:52 PM

Hello,

Why to uninstall SAV 10, when it could be easily migrated??

Please check this Thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/migrating-sav-10x-sep

Also, I would recommend you to check this Article:

Quick Access to Symantec Knowledgebase Articles of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.

The Above Article includes all the Articles which you may need for Migration Purposes.

Hope that helps.

• 3.  RE: SAV 10.1 to SEP 12 Migration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2011 07:12 AM

Hi,

First install SEP 12.1 on new machine. Create new package with the help of competitive uninstaller.

Competitive uninstaller utility  could be found in the  Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1_Tools_and_Documents_EN.exe

After Unzip, it would be :

tools\Tools\NoSupport\CompetitiveUninstall

There is a PDF file & it will explain in details how to create competitive uninstaller package.

After installing competitive uninstaller package (it will remove SAV 10.1 and will install SEP 12.1)  all the clients will point to the new server.

Monitor the situation for a week time.

If everything worked fine go ahead and decommission old SAV 10.1 

I hope it will help you.