Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SCCM 2012 Client cache detection Trojan.Gen detection

Posted Aug 07, 2014 10:55 PM

Hi All,

One of our packaged software installations being deliverd to our Windows 8 clients via SCCM2012 is being detected as a Trojan.Gen. I was going to put in a file exception for the msi. But the SEP file exceptions require a full path. The nature of the SCCM client is it changes to path name to the installation files, e.g.

Same installer msi but differnt paths

Computer 1 C:\Windows\ccmcache\4f\<installfile>.msi

Computer  2 C:\Windows\ccmcache\5p\<installfile>.msi

Is there any way around this? I would prefer avoiding adding a folder exception at say the C:\Windows\ccmcache level as this is the only msi affected.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SCCM 2012 Client cache detection Trojan.Gen detection

Posted Aug 07, 2014 11:01 PM

You should create exclusion for the Installer name.msi, exclude the process all together.

since this is a genuine application , I would first submit for false positive

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

wait for signature updates and then deploy the software..

• 3.  RE: SCCM 2012 Client cache detection Trojan.Gen detection

Posted Aug 07, 2014 11:45 PM

Thanks Rafeeq,

I have submitted the request. See what happens.

• 4.  RE: SCCM 2012 Client cache detection Trojan.Gen detection

Posted Aug 08, 2014 07:46 AM

Would be curious to see the outcome here, never had this issue come up with sccm.

• 5.  RE: SCCM 2012 Client cache detection Trojan.Gen detection
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2014 09:43 PM

It appears that a later release of your definitions has resolved the problem. We noticed that the workstations affected all had a older definition set. We forced an update and the installations was able to proceed.

The product we where tring to install was Cisco Jabber 9.7.3.18968. We have not had any issues with previous versions or any other application installations.

The detection was on these files below, the second is an interesting one with the characters appended to the end of the file name '>>_______'

C:\Windows\ccmcache\5w\CiscoJabberSetup.msi

C:\Windows\ccmcache\5h\CiscoJabberSetup.msi>>_________

• 6.  RE: SCCM 2012 Client cache detection Trojan.Gen detection

Posted Aug 11, 2014 10:03 PM

I think you are using SCCM 2012. Because of content management the way it stores the packages are now different. yeah >> is quite interesting. Can you check if these are 32 or 64 bit Msi or different jabber versions , just trying to understand how these getting added to the cache.