Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.0 Proactive threat protection disabled?

Posted Jan 08, 2011 02:00 PM

firstly, this forum is so complicated to find your way around. i cannot even find where to post a question for SEP 12.0 troubleshooting.

I hope someone can help.

for some reason today, the SEP 12.0 running on my 64bit WS2008 R2 Enterprise is disabled. i cannot enable it!

it just says that definitions are waiting for updates. and the status is "Off".

I CAN do a manual LU and auto update is enabled and works.

It tells me on the client console that "Proactive Threat Protection is disabled. Protection definitions are too old for Proactive Threat Protection. Click Fix to update protection definitions".

So I press it and then I get the message "

---------------------------
    Protection Definitions
    Symantec Endpoint Protection has requested new definitions from the management server. This problem will disappear after the server responds and the update is complete.
    OK  
    "

I restarted the computer and services - still the same problem.

Whats going on?

I look at the logs for this Proactive threat and get this error in the system log:

TruScan has generated an error: code 11: description: Whitelist Failure

what the heck does that mean?!

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.0 Proactive threat protection disabled?

Posted Jan 08, 2011 03:09 PM

Proactive threat protection will not work on Server OPerating Systems , its by design :)

This holds good for SMB 12.0 also

Proactive Threat Protection status shows "OFF" in the client interface

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104987&locale=en_US

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.0 Proactive threat protection disabled?

Posted Jan 08, 2011 03:23 PM

hmmm odd. well not sure what has been going on. but now it seems to work. sure, the status is "Off" but all systems are green now as before, this was red. and even before this problem - all systems were green. so not sure what has been happening in the past hour as it seems to have resolved itself.

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.0 Proactive threat protection disabled?

Posted Jan 09, 2011 04:33 AM

could you post a screen shot if this works on windows server OS, if yes than we can get the document changed. :)