Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP 12.1.3

• 1.  SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jun 10, 2013 09:20 AM

Hi,

As we know Symantecs testing ability is about as reliable as an ashtray on a motorbike so before I even consider upgrading to the latest version, just wondering what peoples thoughts are about it:

• Has anyone uncovered any intersting issues with it? (Thinking along the lines of the last update and the network performance decrease it brought about, or any other issues?)
    • General thoughts on the upgrade so far?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jun 10, 2013 09:22 AM
    Been testing since Thursday and no issues so far. The smb slowness issue in 12.1.2 mp1 has been fixed and that's what I needed. Upgrade was painless.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 10, 2013 09:59 AM

Hello,

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU3 build contains -  

• Resolution of 120 customer defects
    • Updated third party components to resolve security vulnerabilities
    • Integration of customer fixes from the previous SEP 11.0.7.4 release
    • Integration with Insight for Private Clouds appliance
    • SONAR and IPS intelligent updater (IU) support
    • Support for SONAR User Mode Hooking
    • FIPS 140-2 certification (pending validation by external vendor)
    • Ability to restore clean files from quarantine
    • Inclusion of SAV for Linux clients in reporting
    • Support for Outlook 2013 (Outlook Auto-Protect)
    • Support for Exchange 2013 server (auto-exclusions)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/whats-new-latest-symantec-endpoint-protection-sep-121ru3

We have Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU3 installed on our production machines and VM machines and Migration was smooth.

Hope that helps!!

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2013 11:29 AM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Symanec community.

I would be glad to answer your query.

Q. Has anyone uncovered any interesting issues with it? (Thinking along the lines of the last update and the network performance decrease it brought about, or any other issues?)

--> I haven't seen any reported issue on Symantec community. Need to check with SEP queue if they have come across any known issue.

As a best practice test few clients with the latest version and share the results.

RU3 has released on 6th June'13 & may be it may take some time to report the new issue if there would be any.

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jun 14, 2013 09:07 AM

I just finished an SEPM server upgrade from 12.1.2 -> 12.1.3 without any problems. No issues yet, but the deploment is is still young. I'll report back any problems, so if you don't hear back from me all is well.

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jun 16, 2013 11:24 AM
      |   view attached

Upgraded yesterday. Found no major issues yet. Already found a bug in the "Antivirus Requirements" of the "Host Integrity Policy". You only have this policy if you have installed the SNAC component. The problem is that the textbox for the "Specify the oldest age of the signature file" is too small so you cannot read/edit the contents. This only happens when you edit an existing antivirus requirement. When you add a new antivirus requirement the textbox size is normal so you can see/edit the contents. Antispyware requirment is OK.

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jun 17, 2013 11:29 AM

We had an engineer install on a test 2012 server, now it will not boot.  We are waiting to test on another server before opening a ticket, since this was not our standard build.

• 8.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jun 21, 2013 01:40 PM

I had this happen to me once. But it was with 12.1.2.  I installed it from a DVD.  Tech support told me that there was a bug with doing which could cause this and that it should be installed from the hard disk. 

The only thing that I could do was rebuild the server from an image this was also a 2008 server.

Good luck,

• 9.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jul 16, 2013 10:22 AM

Has anyone tested this on Tablet PC's as of yet? I am hopeful this realease will work as the powers that be want to start giving users tablets, but require SEP on them. Thanks!

• 10.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jul 16, 2013 10:31 AM

Yes, no issues so far in a month of testing.

• 11.  RE: SEP 12.1.3

Posted Jul 16, 2013 10:37 AM

Thanks brian81 that is very good to know. I will install it and start testing ASAP.