Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:22 PM

I have SEP 12.1.5. (sav info -p output = 12.1.5 (12.1 RU5) build 5337 (12.1.5337.5000)) and the test server that I have it running on, I would like to get definitions from our internal SEPM server when liveupdate runs. The problem is when I edit liveupdate.conf on (using the new - java -cp jlu.jar com.symantec.liveupdate.config.editor.ConfEditor) I can see in the liveupdate log file that it is still reaching out to liveupdate.symantec.com and ftp.symantec.com.

I also notice that is deletes what I have put and re-populates with the default configs when liveupdate runs and eventually errors out. Is there anyway to stop that?

This is running on RHEL 6.3 with supported kernel version 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:23 PM

SEP for Linux clients can only get updates from Symantec or an internal LUA box, but not SEPM.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/sav-linux-somewhat-illustrated-guide-part-3

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:28 PM

Ah, thanks for the quick response, Brian. I'll check out the info for an internal LUA box.

Also, wondering if you know about that other portion. Lets say I get a LUA box running, and I edit my liveupdate.conf to talk to that. Will my configs no longer get wiped? Wondering if it reverts because it isn't "valid" and failed

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:32 PM

From within the SEPM, in the LiveUpdate policy is where you need to setup the LUA information and apply it to your Linux group(s).

But yes, this could be a good possibility.

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted

Posted Nov 22, 2014 09:19 AM

Thanks again. I'll check that out and report back for anybody else seeing something similar

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted

Posted Dec 11, 2014 12:43 PM

Checking back - >Yeah, that seemed to take care of it. Thanks for the info

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - Liveupdate.conf being reverted

Posted Dec 11, 2014 12:52 PM

Cool, please don't forget to close out the thread by marking the most helpful post as the solution.

Take care.