Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 still does not work with Creators Update

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:49 AM

Hi,

it seems that all other threads regarding the SEP 12 MP6 and Windows 10 Creators Update are ignored. It still does NOT work to upgrade an existing Windows 10 Anniversary Update installation to Creators Update having SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 installed. The Windows 10 installer still asks to uninstall SEP. According to the Symantec compatibly page the mentioned SEP version still supports the Creators Update. I don't know why there's no word from Symantec and/or Microsoft on when this block will finally be removed.

Allowing the installer to do updates prior to the upgrade also does not work and it's not an option to uninstall/reinstall SEP.

Please advice.

Thanks and best regards,

Ronny

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 still does not work with Creators Update

Posted Apr 21, 2017 03:57 AM
    Hi, Here's the support document from symantec, sep 14 mp1 has full support for creators update https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH235458.html

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 still does not work with Creators Update

Posted Apr 21, 2017 11:51 AM

Hi Ronny,

I found an other Forum about this issue (windows-10-creators-update), the workaround is to lunch the SEP installation with the MSI file (Sep64.msi). It's work for me.

I wandering the Same question of you "when this block will finally be removed ?"

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 still does not work with Creators Update

Posted Apr 22, 2017 02:19 AM

I am not sure if you've even read my comment. I am not plannimg to upgrade to SEP14 anytime soon. I want to upgrade existing Windows 10 installations with existing SEP12 installations to Creators Update and I am still waiting for a sufficient answer.

Using the MSI file is also not an option as I've already written. I just want to upgrade without uninstalling and reinstalling anything.

It's really a pity that Symantec does not anymore reply to any thread regarding this issue.

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 still does not work with Creators Update

Posted Apr 22, 2017 09:08 AM
    It also describes how to use sep 12.x on windows creators updates. Now, if you dont want to reinstall anything, you will have to wait for next maintenance patch which has full support for creators update.

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.6 RU6 MP6 Build 7061 still does not work with Creators Update

Posted Apr 22, 2017 09:39 AM

Symantec - I see plenty of info and references to the SEP 14 version, how about version 12 - when will this be unblocked? I work in tech support for a University with 60k+ users and many have uninstalled their current version to update to 12.1.7166 (at least that's what we have as the latest)  Please provide somd updates & more info on this very frustrating & rediculous situation!

I cant believe MS is still blocking SEP with they come out with a new version, I dont know why you cant provide an alternative means to install SEP, I dont think version 12 has this MSI file available at least for a basic PC install which is what most users will download.  Thanks