Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 2014 - Security Status Disable Update and Virus and Spyware Protection

Posted Jul 29, 2014 10:23 AM

Hello,

I just upgraded from SEP12 to Symantec Endpoint Protection 2014, I have installed the SEP Manager 2014 to a server (Server 2008 R2 64) which is a Domain Controller.  I have 3 desktops (Windows7 64).  Just a simple small network.

I have deployed SEP to the three clients, they have SEP 12.1.4100.4126 deployed, and I get my updates from

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=sep

I download the .jdb file, rename the *.zip to *.jdb, drop it in

c:\Program Files(x86), Symantec, Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, data, inbox, content, incoming

I have a two items I can’t find steps to, any help is appreciated:

1. On the server (SEP Manager) Home, I have a “Security Status – Attention Needed” about “Content Download Problems”.  I am manually downloading the .jdb files and do not have internet access, I can’t find how to disable all references to liveupdates.

1. The desktops have Virus and Spyware Protection, Proactive Threat Protection and Network Treat Protection.  How do I just push Virus and Spyware Protection and not have Proactive Threat Protection and Network Treat Protection?

If this is in the wrong forum, please move

b.

• 2.  RE: SEP 2014 - Security Status Disable Update and Virus and Spyware Protection

Posted Jul 29, 2014 10:29 AM

There really isn't an easy way to block LU download. If you have a firewall you can block the external LU servers

Download AV only JDB from here:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=sep

• 3.  RE: SEP 2014 - Security Status Disable Update and Virus and Spyware Protection

Posted Jul 29, 2014 10:49 AM

For the message about this, I found a forum where you can point the live update to an Server (itself) and stop the messages, but I wonder about the messgae then that it can't find itself

• 4.  RE: SEP 2014 - Security Status Disable Update and Virus and Spyware Protection

Posted Jul 29, 2014 12:23 PM

If I disable at the server manager Email support, Lotus Notes support, etc the clients show a red "FIX" how do I disable un-necessary options, like email and lotus notes and not have an error fix message at the clients?

• 5.  RE: SEP 2014 - Security Status Disable Update and Virus and Spyware Protection

Posted Jul 29, 2014 01:13 PM

Close the Lock icon from within the AV policy

• 6.  RE: SEP 2014 - Security Status Disable Update and Virus and Spyware Protection

Posted Jul 30, 2014 12:53 PM

Symantec support was great, they explained that I can't remove the message about "live" updates,

The Client Push went well to setup, however, after the push, the Clients Symantec Services would not restart, any ideas?

1. Created a Virus and Spyware only

a. From Server
    b. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
    c. Admin
    d. Under Install Packages, Client Install Feature Set
    e. Under Tasks, Add Client Install Feature Set
    f. Name: Virus and Spyware Only
    g. Description: Servers and Desktops
    h. Only Select Virus, Spyware and Basic Download Protection

2. Downloaded Definition

a. http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=sep
    b. Rename *.zip *.jdb
    c. C:\Program Files(x86), Symantec, Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, data, inbox, content, incoming

3. Push

a. From Server
    b. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
    c. Clients
    d. Under Default Group, Clients tab
    e. Under Task, Add a Client
    f. New Package Deployment
    g. Under Install Feature Sets:, Virus and Spyware Only
    h. Remote Push
    i. Browse Network
    j. Added Domain Server and Desktops

The desktops Symantec did not restart