Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP Content Distribution Monitor for 14.0?

Posted Dec 01, 2016 10:52 AM

Any love for this tool in 14.0?

It stopped working for me after the upgrade.

• 2.  RE: SEP Content Distribution Monitor for 14.0?

Posted Dec 01, 2016 10:59 AM

Yep, check the Tools folder of the download ISO, per the release notes:

Content Distribution Monitor

The Content Distribution Monitor tool monitors management servers, clients, and GUPs in your environment. The tool shows a graphical display of the health and content distribution status, site throughput, and database table records. A new Site Information tab displays the throughput data that is collected after the last heartbeat between this site's management servers and the client computers. The tool is located in the \Tools\ContentDistributionMonitor folder. In previous versions, this tool was not supported. The tool was also called SEPMMonitor.

ref: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO125362

Copy it to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools directory and run it and accept the license and it will open

• 3.  RE: SEP Content Distribution Monitor for 14.0?

Posted Dec 01, 2016 11:14 AM

I don't get the option to download and ISO from FileConnect, I just get .exe files.

Untitled.jpg

• 4.  RE: SEP Content Distribution Monitor for 14.0?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 01, 2016 11:16 AM

It's the same thing. Download the full install and run the exe. It's self-extracting. In the Tools folder is the ContentDistributionMonitor folder which contains the bat file you need.

• 5.  RE: SEP Content Distribution Monitor for 14.0?

Posted Dec 01, 2016 11:34 AM

Ah, it's in the "Full_Installation" ISO. I didn't extract that one, I just extracted the "SEPM" ISO. Thanks!

For those that aren't aware, in 14.0 the .bat file is now called "ContentDistributionMonitor" not "SepmMonitor"

Sorry for the double thread post. A mod can delete the other thread if needed/wanted.