Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Sep 21, 2010 10:56 AM
      |   view attached

I'm hoping to at least get an answer to this perplexing issue. It seems that the SEP11 Firewall does not bind properly to the Ethernet card

After numerous attempts to resolve this particular error with new HP 6445b Laptops that we need to roll out, after corporate image has been installed,  I have concluded that i cannot resolve this without assistance.  I have exhausted all Internet resources with no success on even coming close to a solution.  PLEASE HELP!  The same error for 40 laptops with identical hardware configurations.

We are running SEP 11.0.5028.405 (MANAGED)

HP Probook 6445b AMD -WINxp PRO SP3

Network adapter: Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Virus Definitions are all up-to-date.

The Host Integrity Check fails while trying to start the firewall which is then placed into a quarantined zone.

This error started once our Symantec got upgraded with the Proactive Threat Protection component, as we did not have that feature before.

I have tried to manually bind the firewall (teefer2.inf, teefer2_m.inf) to the Ethernet card, it seems to take effect and then fails after several minutes.  tried disabling other network adapters.

I desperately need to find a solution to this as we cant roll out any of these laptops.

I have attached a .DOC which contains all the Security log/System log info. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

• 2.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Sep 21, 2010 11:16 AM

Additional Notes:

After i 'Manually" bind the Firewall to the ethernet card shouldn't there be service labelled teefer2 or Symantec Endpoint Protection Firewall under the connection properties?

• 3.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Sep 21, 2010 11:27 AM

Your version looks a little strange: 11.0.5028.405 ...have you treid to uninstall/re-install a client? Have you treid installing ru6a version, or  higher?

• 4.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Sep 21, 2010 11:39 AM

Vishal is correct, that version does not exist. Is this a special customer build?

I recommend opening a case with Symantec Support for this issue. Please update the thread once root cause is discovered.

Online - https://mysupport.symantec.com/

Phone - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

• 5.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Sep 21, 2010 01:30 PM

Thanks for the responses folks,

Greatly appreciated.

Yes this is a Corporate Build that was designed for this Gov. Dept.

I have submitted an inquiry to our team of "experts' and was just advised that they are investigating and they have started a business case with Symantec, once we determine the root cause of this issue i will update this thread accordingly.

Thanks,

• 6.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Nov 08, 2010 10:07 AM

Hi

We have the same error on Toshiba laptops here with the same network adapter. Symantec Endpoint version 11.0.6005.562

Any solution yet guys?

Many thanks

Jon

• 7.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Nov 08, 2010 10:48 AM

Hi

We have the same error on Toshiba laptops here with the same network adapter. Symantec Endpoint version 11.0.6005.562

Any solution yet guys?

Many thanks

Jon

• 8.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Nov 08, 2010 11:34 AM

@ imprimait, There is no documented solution that I know of. You should open a case with support to get this issue looked at by our engineers.

Online - https://mysupport.symantec.com/

Phone - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

• 9.  RE: SEP11: Firewall driver failed to open network adapter - Marvell Yukon 88E8072 PCI-E

Posted Nov 08, 2010 12:20 PM

I will do... thanks Cycletech.

Quick moan.. It's impossible to log a call online still,tried 2 hours ago.

Firefox (latest) , the Continue button does not work at all.

In IE (8), after stage 3 submitting you simply get  a blank page and IE reports an error

Webpage error details: [perhaps it doesn't recognise IE 8?]

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:13:00 UTC

Line: 10
    Char: 324
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=escalate&previous=yes&subCat=Other&productName=Endpoint+Protection&prdNameId=54619&productVersion=11.0&prdVersionId=54620&prdPlatformId=1646&productPlatform=Windows+XP&prdPlatformVersion=56481&prdPlatformVersionName=Pro+5.1+SP3&probdesc=Our+laptops+here+have+this+error+&uid=31411879&group1=no

I've also had Apache errors and MyApplicationSupport errors.

On phoning earlier the call queue was getting longer and longer!

I'll try phoning again...EDIT joy - 16 minutes wait time!