Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 11.0.4 and SEP 11.0.5 client install

Posted Jan 10, 2010 06:35 PM
    Not sure where to begin......

I installed SEPM 11.0.4 on my WIndows 2003 server, because i'm running Win7 I needed to update the client packages to 11.0.5, now soon as i have all my clients up. I started noticing a weird error:

After a while explorer.exe will begin to hang when I try opening up the start menu. Now I noticed today that the SEPM box now is getting a RDC Error when trying to remote into the system. I also now seem to be getting login script problems where it takes 10 minutes to load the startup script.

I currently have Folder Redirects on the network i've never seen thsi problem before and am beginning to get very frustrated. Do I need to uninstall the SEPM 11.0.4 and install .5?????

Noticing other forum posts it looks like Symantec needs to come up with a better migration path for there products as it seems people are having issues with 11.0.5.... Anyway I need to see if I can get this resolved, I don't have all week to figure this out and it doesn't make sense why after being smooth for a day it would begin to go down hill...

• 2.  RE: SEPM 11.0.4 and SEP 11.0.5 client install

Posted Jan 10, 2010 06:59 PM
     What is the specific error code you are seeing? Also if you could take a screenshot of the processes running (or just report which ones are running high) that would help. If this is truly an issue where you need to get this resolved in a speedy manner then I suggest you call and open a case with support. They will be able to provide a quicker answer (usually) than through the forums.

How to contact technical support
    http://service1.symantec.com/support/custserv-ent.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/da003194db5ae2798825757f005a1818?OpenDocument

• 3.  RE: SEPM 11.0.4 and SEP 11.0.5 client install

Posted Jan 10, 2010 09:12 PM
    Is your SEPM server also serving as a Terminal Serv er?

As grant mentioned above, please post the exact message you get when using the RDP. Also, you can check the event viewer to see if you see any errorsr relevent to the symptoms you have mentioned above.

Following document lists the solved defects in the RU5 version of the product.

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/symantec_endpoint_protection/11.0/manuals/ru5/Release_Notes_for_Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_11_0_5.pdf

Aniket