Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 11.0.5 Causing Server Hang

Posted Dec 12, 2014 12:29 PM

We're currently having issues troubleshooting the exact cause of an issue regarding SEPM and/or our Exchange server. Currently our setup is as follows:

•     SEPM installed on our Exchange 1 (SEPM 11.0.5)
    •     SEP clients beyond stored revision range on SEPM (~1,000 managed SEP clients total)
    •     SEPM is installed on the C:\ with ~10GB free space to work with post install not including the one set of revisions set to be stored
    •     LU updates from Symantec is disabled in favor of manual updates via the incoming folder due to deployment restrictions of network

When Symantec services are initialized the environment will function correctly with minimal lag. However, after a few minutes the server will begin to progressively slow down to the point where it becomes unresponsive. Since the SEP clients are out of the revision range I believe the server pushing the full def file to the clients all at once might be the culprit, but I'm not sure being new to managing Symantec assets. Initially the issues was C:\ free space causing issues such as the mailbox store to un-mount, as I mentioned it has now shifted to making the EX unusable when SEPM services start. Is this the case? And what's the best way to get SEPM back up and running?

• 2.  RE: SEPM 11.0.5 Causing Server Hang

Posted Dec 15, 2014 12:47 PM
    Have you considered an upgrade? You're on an old, buggy, end of life version.