Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Server Health Alert: SEPM 12.1 Low Memory

Posted Oct 31, 2011 10:13 AM

I've been getting server health alerts showing that my SEP Manager server is low on memory.  When I log in to check, the SQL Anywhere DB is using nearly all of it.  I know that in SEP 11, the SQL DB could be configured with a cap on the memory usage.  I went looking for a similar option for SQL Anywhere and I found this page: http://dcx.sybase.com/1100/en/dbadmin_en11/ch-database-dbengine.html

It discusses the use of the -ch option to limit the DB cache size.  I tried to apply this as a start parameter in the service properties, but I am not sure it's applying.  When I add that option, the service starts.  But, when I close the properties window and come back, it's been cleared from the box.   The option never shows up in the path to executable, either. 

I don't see an option in the SEPM console to cap the DB cache.   

Is there another way to limit the DB cache, or make sure that the option is always applied?

My configuration:
    SEPM 12.1

Windows Server 2k8 R2 (Dedicated VM)

4GB ram

• 2.  RE: Server Health Alert: SEPM 12.1 Low Memory

• 3.  RE: Server Health Alert: SEPM 12.1 Low Memory

Posted Oct 31, 2011 02:32 PM

Thank you for those links.  I had found the first one by searching.  What I actually want to do is start the SQL Anywhere DB with the -ch 2g option to stop it from using so much memory (or set an equivalent limit).

Does anyone know how to set such a limit?