Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMG10.5.2 Content Email Violation Issue

Posted Nov 05, 2014 01:07 AM

Greetings,

I have created an Content Email Policy that blocks an Email if the sender domain name contains a string from a defined dictionary. This is called Third Party Mails.

In that dictionary I have added commercial domains such as gmail.com and hotmail.com.

I have also created a Policy Group that contains my manegment and admins (including myself). This is called VIP.

In the content policy "Third party Email" I did not add the VIP group, only default is checked.

This means I should be able to recieve emails from hotmail and gmail.

I do recieve mails from hotmail, but the ones from gmail gets deleted. The verdict is "System deniend email address or domain, Content Filtering Violation: Third Party Mails"

How do I resolve this issue?

• 2.  RE: SMG10.5.2 Content Email Violation Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2014 01:27 PM

You will need to make sure that the VIP policy group is above the Default group in the list. You would then need to make a duplicate "Third party Email" policy only applied to the VIP group with the action changed to Deliver Message Normally.

You cannot remove yourself from the Default group, so unless the other group you are a member of has a policy that triggers a conflicting action, everything applied to Default will still apply to you.