TouchDown

View Only
  • 1.  SMS Sync w/ Office365

Posted Aug 30, 2017 10:56 AM

Does anyone have SMS sync successfully working with Touchdown and an email account hosted on Office 365?

I have had it set up for many years now, and when I originally set up (in the Nitrodesk days) it worked just fine for both receiving and sending SMS to my Outlook.  Some time thereafter the sending stopped working (but the SMS are still received in Outlook just fine).  The send functionality is something that I didn't use often, but sometimes nice for replying to an SMS when the phone is laying on the other side of the room.

Every once in a while when I've tried to send a reply and reminded myself that it's not working I try to fix it (this is one of those times :-)  ... have tried enabling and disablng the sms sync, even uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

The bounce message received back from Exchange is as follows (details obfuscated to protect the innocent :-)

-------------

Your text message couldn't be delivered to these recipients or groups:

XXXXXXXXX (MOBILE:+1403XXXXXXX)
    Cannot open mailbox /o=ExchangeLabs/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHXXXXXXXX)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=SN1PXXXXXXXXX/cn=Microsoft System Attendant.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: SN1PXXXXXXXX.namprd05.prod.outlook.com

IMCEAMOBILE-+2B14038XXXXXXX@namprd05.prod.outlook.com
    Remote Server returned '554 5.4.152 SMS; Unable to route message'

-------------

My initial thoughts are that this is a problem on the Exchange side because the reply is obviously received by Exchange from Outlook (or we wouldn't get a bounce) but of course Microsoft says no and because it's a 3rd party app thats where the blame automatically goes.  I've no way to prove otherwise so, well, that's why I'm here.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Cheers,

Mike

• 2.  RE: SMS Sync w/ Office365

Posted Aug 31, 2017 04:29 PM

Hi,

We can investigate this on the Touchdown side if you send a log to touchdown-support@symantec.com.