Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  So I Upgraded To 15.1

Posted Dec 13, 2018 03:46 PM

Hello guys

So, I upgraded a DLP 15.0 system (single-tier) to 15.1.
    15.0 has been installed in D:\SymantecDLP
    The upgrade to 15.1 confused me completely. So 15.1 is now installed into D:\DLP
    It is working, 15.1 is running smoothly.

BUT

Since the new system runs now out of the new folder structure, why do I still have the old "SymantecDLP" folders on my system? Can I delete this stuff?

The services are not called VontuXYZ anymore, so nothing is probably being used out of the old folders - or am I completely wrong?

Where is the Monitor Controller service gone?

How are the binaries now distributed in the folder structure?

Don't get me wrong, I am fine with it, but I could not find anything of relevance while searching. Upgrade guide? Meh. Admin guide? Nope.
    If anyone could help me understanding, thanks in advance.

PS: Oh, before I forget - How is it possible to customize the standard, fancy dashboard?

• 2.  RE: So I Upgraded To 15.1

Posted Dec 14, 2018 01:56 AM

Hi,

Your best bet is to read the release notes below which should outline the differences:

https://symwisedownload.symantec.com//resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/10000/DOC10600/en_US/Symantec_DLP_15.1_Release_Notes.pdf?__gda__=1544898060_e40952ec393a8ba495a0c7fa384dcb7e

If it's not in there, then you could consider logging a support call if you have that in place. Some installations leave a backup of a previous version, and that's most likely what you have there in the "SymantecDLP" folders. Alternatively, this isn't the cleanest of installations and it's left data behind that could have been deleted if done correctly. I'd personally leave it if it's not doing anything like taking space.

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: So I Upgraded To 15.1

Posted Dec 14, 2018 03:47 AM

Hi Flutti,

15.1 is classed as a new installation with Symantec rebranding certain areas of DLP, Vontu being one of those changes, the services with now be named SymantecDLP; it will also create new install directories as they've altered the default installation path

If you check out the release notes as per Craigs guidance it should be highlighted there :) 

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.DOC10601.html

I hope this helps, if this has resolved your queries please mark as resolved,

Many thanks

• 4.  RE: So I Upgraded To 15.1

Posted Dec 14, 2018 05:43 AM

Thanks, but besides the service question I could not solve any of my questions.

• 5.  RE: So I Upgraded To 15.1

Posted Dec 14, 2018 05:45 AM

Still, how are my binaries distributed now? Would be pretty important for third party plugins and developments.

And still, how to modify the dashboard without going prehistoric again?