Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Software Licensing data migration between 6.5/7.1 and 7.1

Posted Apr 02, 2012 05:46 AM

Hi All,

I need to migrate as much Software Licensing data (Contracts and Software Purchases) as possible between 6.5 and 7.1.

Using Connectors, I'm only able to migrate entries and some simpliest informations (e.g. no. of licenses), but all links between items are missing.

After couple tests, I gave up, so I decided to to migrate what I can, then customize it manually in lab NS 7.1 and once we go live I would migrate only already prepared data from lab 7.1 to live 7.1.

But, I have a problems again, because when I test import/export connectors between two lab NS 7.1 NSs, I'm losing linked data (which software purchase and software product, software license is related to).

I'm using simpliest configuration for both export and import rules:

for export/import Software Purchase: Software Purachase as Resource Type

fot export/import Software License: Software License as Resource Type

When I check import data just before run the rule on destination server, all seems to be fine. I can see 'Software Purchase' and 'Covered Software Product' filled in for Software License entry. When I run the rule this information is empty.

Does anyone know what I could do wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Software Licensing data migration between 6.5/7.1 and 7.1

Posted Apr 02, 2012 07:47 AM

Or just the Data Connector?

• 3.  RE: Software Licensing data migration between 6.5/7.1 and 7.1

Posted Apr 02, 2012 08:27 AM

Hi,

Just a Data Connector.

I tried to use Migration Wizard, but I wasn't sure which classes/links should be selected for Software Licensing. It's not clear in Migration Wizard classes description. I also couldn't find any details in Symantec documentation. I didnt want to select too much as that could cause problems with other solutions.

Many thanks.

• 4.  RE: Software Licensing data migration between 6.5/7.1 and 7.1

Posted Apr 02, 2012 05:47 PM

It can take a few goes to get it right.

But I think that's the best way to get the info over.

You can also use the explorer tool to see what data is captured in the Migration Package, best practice is to capture pretty much everything, then use the explorer tool to see what's in there and you can import selected data.