Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

• 1.  'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 20, 2018 10:25 AM

Hi,

Got an issue after upgrade SEP from 14.0 to 14.2, i have 10 windows client upgraded and all of them unable to communicate with the SEP Server. At all clients, i found error message that said: "SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK" in the Troubleshooting - Server Connection Status window.

Another information you guys might to know:

Database: SQL Server

Note: Got the installer from official site Symantec and manually installed on server and each client.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 20, 2018 10:28 AM

As a test, what is the result if you push out a new sylink.xml file to an affected client?

• 3.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 20, 2018 02:53 PM

Hi Brian,

Even we have the same issue. after upgrading to 14.2, client will never communicate to port 443. Creating MSL to port 8014 and it connects.

Can you let us know if there is any way to get rid of this. We want it connect to port 443.

• 4.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 20, 2018 10:57 PM

Brian I am also seeing the same error. All my clients connect except the client that runs locally on the server that hosts the SEPM manager server. I am using port 50000. I've created firewall rules for both inbound and outbound connections. The client still can't connect locally. 

• 5.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 20, 2018 11:03 PM

So I typed in https://192.168.0.6:50000 and I am seeing an SSL certificate for my old server (has a different hostname). We did a migration and used the restore functionality. Do I need to renew this? If so, why can all the other clients connect but just this one client cant?

• 6.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 23, 2018 04:14 AM

Thanks Brian for ur response,

Yes, i have tried to push sylink.xml to every clients but same error still happened. 

• 7.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 23, 2018 04:20 AM

For further information, i'm not using any certificate. Not sure whether it is possibly the culprit of the issue.

• 8.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2018 11:09 AM

What worked for me was issuing a new certificate under the server settings in the admin panel and then deploying a new communications package reinstall to each client.

• 9.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2018 05:03 PM

Known issue. KB article posted here:

https://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH251024

• 10.  RE: 'SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK' after upgrade to SEP 14.2

Posted Jul 24, 2018 12:25 AM

Solution from Daniel Diaz works like a charm on this issue. Thanks guys for all ur response.