Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec 10.2 Antivirus Win64 removal

Posted Feb 25, 2011 10:29 PM

I'm trying to remove Symantec 10.2 from my system but everytime I go to uninstall it asks me for a password that I don't have and never set. How do I get around this? I only installed it because the university my friend goes to requires security software to get on the network.  I've contacted their IT staff and they don't know what it is

I've tried this:

"How to remove the uninstall password requirement for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition.

Use RegEdit.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AdministratorOnly\Security]
    "UseVPUninstallPassword"=dword:00000000

If UseVPUninstallPassword value is 1, change to 0."

but the registry file does not exist on my system. I've also looked for a "iforgot.exe" file but that doesnt exist either. I've also tried "symantec" as the password which has not worked either. 

• 2.  RE: Symantec 10.2 Antivirus Win64 removal

Posted Feb 26, 2011 02:00 AM

make these  2 key values to 0

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AdministratorOnly\Security /v LockUnloadServices 

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AdministratorOnly\Security /v UseVPUninstallPassword

• 3.  RE: Symantec 10.2 Antivirus Win64 removal

Posted Feb 26, 2011 02:24 AM

If above suggestion not works try to uninstall it manually.This doc can help you in this.Also remember that some times in 64 Bit OS some keys will be under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node insted of HKLM\SOFTWARE.

Manually uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 client