View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Migration User

Migration UserJan 31, 2012 02:19 AM

• 1.  Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 30, 2012 07:17 AM

Hi,

I recently migrated from 11 to 12.1. After migration when ever i install a 32 bit pack on a windows 7 platform all other drives other than the drive on which the client's OS is installed gets disabled.

Kindly do help on this issue ASAP

Thank You in advance

• 2.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 30, 2012 01:58 PM

Hope Drives are not blocked in Policies tab in SEPM >ADC policy kindly check and exclude them if they are blocked .

• 3.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 30, 2012 08:15 PM

Solution

Change the Default Application and Device control policy and allow the specific drive. 

For Example, To change the policy in order to allow the secondary hard drive :

1. Logon to SEPM and Click on Policies 

2. Edit the Default or modified Application and Device Control Policy (Whichever applied to the group where you want to allow secondary hard drives)

3. Select Application Control and highlight Block Access to Autorun.inf[AC9] and Click on Edit Button

4. Under Rules highlight [AC9-1.1]Autorun.inf 

5. In Properties pane under "Apply to following files and folders" box highlight *\Autorun.inf (enable drive types) and click on Edit button

6. From Edit File or Folder Definition Box locate Option list for Only match files on the following drive types

7. Uncheck the specific drive you want to install on the machine (E.g. : Local Fixed Disk Drive )

8. Click on OK and Assign the policy to the group containing secondary drives

• 4.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 30, 2012 10:11 PM

Please check whether you have configured application and device control policies if configured please disable

Regards

• 5.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 30, 2012 11:40 PM

Ya..please check the device control policy for any hard disk blocked..

• 6.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 31, 2012 01:11 AM
    Yes i have defined certain policies to disable USB devices for certain groups which i have created. When i install a 32 bit pack in a win 32 bit system intially the non OS drive is disabled, but when i move that client in a group where USB devices are enabled the other drives appear. When i install a 64 bit pack in a win 64 bit platform.. all non OS drives are disabled, not able to start symantec services neither can i unistall it even if move the client into a USB enabled group. well i used not face this kind of issue when i used to install 11 in win 7 32 or 64 bit. Once i moved on to 12.1 i am facing this issue.

• 7.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 31, 2012 02:19 AM

check your SEPM server policy.

• 8.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 31, 2012 02:44 AM

Please change the policy so that it will not block any hard drives..

• 9.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 31, 2012 05:59 AM

Hi,

Are you able to install a 32/64 bit pack on a Win-XP platform on other drives other than the drive on which the client's OS is installed ?

• 10.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Jan 31, 2012 10:34 PM

Hi Yadav,

Yes i am able to install it on the other drives. When i do that particular drive is enabled others are disabled.

• 11.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Feb 26, 2012 05:41 PM

I am running 64 bit systems (HP) on Win 7 with Symantec 12.1 (AMD CPU). The system runs just fine until I in the last part of my install procedure install Symantec. After some time the system complains that the file server (!) tries to attack the PC and completely shuts down the NIC (!!). None of the other PCs on our network have this issue, but this is the only AMD unit. 

I have just done a fresh reinstall but keep getting the exact same errors.

This system also has the latest client package from Citrix, - apart from that there is Win7 64bit, Office 10 64bit, the latest Adobe reader & Flash, Java 64bit latest release, Ie9 and a HP printer driver.

The system has been complete reinstalled and patched until all MS patches have been downloaded. User logged in has Admin priviliges.

:-p

• 12.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Feb 27, 2012 07:17 PM

check the policy in application and devise control. try to disble if temporarily for isolation. then recreate it

• 13.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Feb 27, 2012 11:56 PM

Hi Prajith,

You are getting this problem in one system or more.

• 14.  RE: Symantec 12.1 issues with Win 7

Posted Feb 28, 2012 10:17 AM

I have just run a standard install - no optional choices selected. The problem has also surfaced on two Intel machines - not an AMD issue in other words. 

Immediate fix; Uninstalled 12.1 and installed 11.05.

Isak