Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Brightmail Gateway 8300 Time&Date Sync Problem

Posted Apr 15, 2011 02:11 AM

I use Symantec Brightmail Gateway Version 8.0.3-11 for my business and i have the following problem.
    When i login to the Gateway via https (web inteface) on the first screen where is the status page i see that time and date are not correct and show 1-2 days ago....
    When i go to set the time and date manually its all done well and i can see the correct time and date on the status page. But this lasts for a few hours and then the time and date changes back again.
    This has a result that every time i change the time and date lots of spam and junk mails are processed to my clients.
    Finally i set a time server so the time and date be updated from a time server in my country.
    I don't know how this will work bu until now it still shows a wrong time and date.

Please help me with this issue.

Thank you in adavance

• 2.  RE: Symantec Brightmail Gateway 8300 Time&Date Sync Problem

Posted Apr 15, 2011 12:24 PM

Do you have NTP ports open outbound on your firewall?

• 3.  RE: Symantec Brightmail Gateway 8300 Time&Date Sync Problem

Posted Apr 18, 2011 01:50 AM

Do you mean only port 123 or both time(37) and daytime (13) ports??

But even if i dont want to set the time by using time servers, and set it manually why it auto-configured to a past daytime by itself after a while?

• 4.  RE: Symantec Brightmail Gateway 8300 Time&Date Sync Problem

Posted Apr 19, 2011 02:49 PM

outbound 123 only.

RE" why it auto-configured to a past daytime"  - if you mean daylight savings time - I don't see that options.  I have seen the local clock drift badly on some appliances (hours per week).   Since I use NTP, I don't have much experience with the with the box maintaining it's own clock.

We also use GMT so we don't need to change clocks 2 x per year.