Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec CCS 11.5 Standards Checks Remediation Steps

Posted Mar 10, 2017 02:56 AM

Hi,

I've done changes on the remediation steps in the standard's checks.

I can the changes in the evaluation. But when i generate the remediation report it still showing the previous steps.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Symantec CCS 11.5 Standards Checks Remediation Steps
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 11, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi Chai CK,

have you ran the "Reporting Database Synchronization Job"?
    Also have you re-run CER or Evaluation job after changing the standard?

Changing information in standard or check and running reporting job will not have effect until you perform re-evaluation and/or data collection together with report database synchronization.

I have verified that after changing remediation info in the check and re-running CER job, I can see updated info in the reports. I checked both reports Remediation Asset View and Remediation Standard view.

• 3.  RE: Symantec CCS 11.5 Standards Checks Remediation Steps

Posted Mar 12, 2017 11:03 PM

Hi Vladx,

I had ran the "Reporting Database Synchronization Job". I also had re-run the data collection/Evaluation after the remediation had updated. After that, i had generate the "Remediation Asset View" report but still showing the previous remediation.

• 4.  RE: Symantec CCS 11.5 Standards Checks Remediation Steps

Posted Mar 14, 2017 07:54 AM

Hi Chai CK,

I have verified steps to change remediation info in check/standard and is working correctly at my end as I have described in my previous post. You are either overlooking some small detail or you have some issue with your installation. I advise you proceed opening ticket with Symantec support.