Data Loss Prevention

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec Data Insight DLP 4.5 (12.5) - installed with Oracle 11g?

• 1.  Symantec Data Insight DLP 4.5 (12.5) - installed with Oracle 11g?

Posted Nov 30, 2014 10:13 AM

Hi.

I'm Installing Symantec Data Instight DLP 4.5.

I have couple of questions regarding the DB the product uses:

1. Do I need to install DB or the product can work without one?

2. According to the docs that I got, I saw that it's recommended to install Oracle DB. Can I work with different DB?

3. For Windows Server 2008 R2, I need Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 and 11.2.0.4 (again according to the docs - Symantec™ Data LossPrevention Installation Guide
    for Windows), from where can i get those versions? the versions i can download from Oracle website are 11.2.0.1.

Thanks,

Nati

• 2.  RE: Symantec Data Insight DLP 4.5 (12.5) - installed with Oracle 11g?

Posted Nov 30, 2014 07:31 PM

You are getting the two products confused a bit.

Symantec DLP (Data Loss PRevention) requires an Oracle Database to store its information.  Only Oracle for the DB.  You can either purchase the license for Oracle from Symantec as a part of your Symantec DLP software purchase or use your own installation/license of Oracle.  If you purchased the Oracle license from Symantec the software will be available from your license portal when you register the license and then download things.

Symantec Data Insight (a seperate product) stores its information in a local flat file database.  This is a seperate product from Symantec.  You install per the installation guide that is provided as a part of your downloads.

While both of these are seperate products they do integrate very well.

Contact your Symantec partner for more help (or drop me an email if you have questions)