Data Loss Prevention

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

ThaveshinP

ThaveshinPSep 13, 2019 05:03 AM

ThaveshinP

ThaveshinPSep 20, 2019 12:14 AM

ThaveshinP

ThaveshinPSep 20, 2019 03:30 AM

ThaveshinP

ThaveshinPOct 01, 2019 05:22 AM

• 1.  Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 13, 2019 03:10 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just want to know if by changing the IP address of endpoint from its original IP address when it was installed will have effect in the agent reporting status?

Because I noticed that most of the agents that are not reporting in the console have a different IP address but same hostname ?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 13, 2019 03:46 AM

Hi ThaveshinP,

I don't think it should have an effect other than updating the IP Address for that Reporting Endpoint.

The non-reporting endpoints have the same hostnames ? Can you share one example ?

Kind regards

• 3.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 13, 2019 05:02 AM

Machine previously held a 10.248.x.x IP when last reported back.Now machine has different IP: 10.254.x.x

• 4.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 13, 2019 05:03 AM

• 5.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 13, 2019 05:53 AM

The IP Address can be changed and is updated in the Reporting Endpoint. That is alright, what I wanted to know was that you said there are multiple Endpoint Entries with the same hostname which I don't think should be there. As the hostname is the unique value used by the Reporting Endpoint as per my understanding so there should'nt be same hostnames for different Reporting Endpoints.

• 6.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 19, 2019 12:39 AM

@Muhammad.

There are not multiple entries on the console. I am seeing the same agent with the same hostname but with an older IP address.

When I ping to the hostname , it comes back with a different IP address and the agent is "offline" on the console?

• 7.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 19, 2019 01:15 AM

Can you check that the services of the Endpoint Agent are running on the hostname machine ?

(EDPA and WDP) 

As well as make sure that from the hostname you are able to ping the Endpoint Server hostname that was used during the Endpoint Agent Package Generation.

• 8.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 19, 2019 05:16 AM

Yes, sevices are definitely running. I am able to ping the  endpoint server hostname. The only change is the IP address.

How can I get the DLP agent to re-check in with the new IP  without uninstalling/re-installing?

• 9.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 19, 2019 05:30 AM

It should automatically update the new IP. You should'nt need to uninstall/reinstall.

How long has this Endpoint been in the "Not Reporting State" ? 

• 10.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 20, 2019 12:14 AM

Almost 6 months now

• 11.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 20, 2019 12:31 AM

Can you confirm that when you generated the Endpoint Agent Package for installation on the Endpoints you used the hostname or the IP Address for the Endpoint Server ?

Secondly, during this time of 6 months have you changed the Endpoint Server hostname or IP Address ?

• 12.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 20, 2019 03:30 AM

1. Yes

2. No - its never changed.

• 13.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Sep 20, 2019 04:01 AM

Hello ThaveshinP 

You can try the below : https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/changing-dlp-endpoint-agent-server-automatically 

Please mark as a solution , if this solves your problem 

Regards

• 14.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Oct 01, 2019 05:22 AM

No, still doesnt help.

• 15.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Oct 02, 2019 05:42 AM

you may use this command 

update_configuration.exe -name=ServerCommunicator -setting=SERVER_HOST_AND_PORT_LIST -type=str -value=<EPS_IP>:10443 

did you try to uninstall and reinstall the agents with a new package 

• 16.  RE: Symantec DLP agent installed in a host not reporting after changing IP address? DLP 14.6

Posted Jan 31, 2020 02:18 AM
    Tell me if the workstation, but the host from the agent is still visible in the console, but in fact it is not there.

How to remove old hosts from the console on which the agent is not standing and how to check whether the agent is standing there or not?