Symanec Protection Suites

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Email Proxy error: 421 Resources Temporarily Unavailable

Posted Feb 22, 2013 04:13 PM
    I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0.5002.333 on three XP+SP3 destops. I keep getting the following "Symantec Email Proxy" error message after sending email: "Your email message was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the message: 421 Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again later" There is a link on the error message popup that always points to a “Upgrade your Norton product” page. I have been getting this error periodically for over a year. It does not happen every day, but has occurred several times on the same day. I have to resend the email, sometimes several times. What is the cause and, more importantly, the solution.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Email Proxy error: 421 Resources Temporarily Unavailable

Posted Feb 22, 2013 10:33 PM

Hi John,

refer below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-email-proxy-4

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/email-proxy

• 3.  RE: Symantec Email Proxy error: 421 Resources Temporarily Unavailable

Posted Feb 22, 2013 10:40 PM

Hi,

It's advisable your antivirus version are almost 3 moths years old.you can upgrade latest SEP version.

Did you try Disable NTP feature ?

Could you please try disable outlook scanner on 1 machine as a test on which you see this message .

go to add remove select sep change modify custom and disable outlook scanner and follow the wizard and observe this machine for event logs etc.

• 4.  RE: Symantec Email Proxy error: 421 Resources Temporarily Unavailable

Posted Mar 04, 2013 10:53 AM

We are having the same issue and not finding the links you provided helpful.

Symantec Email Proxy

Your email message was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the message:

421 Unexpected failure, please try later

1003, 10

We use Microsoft Outlook.

It looks as if Network Threat Protection  had its definitions updated on 03/01/2013 "r2".  Could this be the issue? 

Please advise, thank you.