Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.1.0 GPO AD Policy

Posted Jun 22, 2016 05:12 PM

We have a Symantec Endpoint Encryption Server that we are trying to figure out how to create and use AD GPO policies with.  I was wondering if this requires a schema extention to AD?  When I edit the local group policy on the server I can see some options under the computer configuration software settings.  I do not see those options from my computer where I run the Group policy managemnt console. 

Also if we do not apply any GPO policies then I assume the computer will use the policies included with the installer?

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.1.0 GPO AD Policy
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 22, 2016 05:57 PM

The options will only be available on a server running the SEE Management Console, so that is where you would need to create or modify the GPO for SEE.  They are distributed to the clients, which make the necessary changes on the client side.  Your Resultant Set Of Policy output should show the GPO name on the client, but the GPO settings themselves will not be available.

You are correct, if no GPO or Native Policy is applied, the system will use the features/settings that you specified in the installer package.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.1.0 GPO AD Policy

Posted Jun 23, 2016 02:48 PM

Awesome!  Thanks for the reply.