Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 02:24 PM

While checking for new products in the catalog on my LiveUpdate Administrator server I came across three (new to me) items:

1) -> which I understand may be coming in August or September.

and

2)

and

3)

Can anyone tell me what Porsche and Ferrari are in relation to the current SEP versioning? Are Porsche and Ferrari full RU's (RU6 and RU7), or possibly MP's of RU5? I know this is not a critical thing, I was just curious as I have never noticed build "names" before.

Thanks,

-Mike

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2014 02:43 PM

My guess is for future builds...heard the same on RU5

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 02:46 PM

they should not be listed in the catalog before the release.... may be a testing phase..Symantec would fix it soon. me too curious about it, waiting for Symantec guys to add on it

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 04:57 PM

I'm not sure that these are supposed to be displayed publicly, so I will let the appropriate parties know that they are showing up in the LiveUpdate product catalog.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 07:41 AM

Hi,

Could you please share the screenshot?

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Posted Jun 20, 2014 07:48 AM

Hello Chetan,

go through these from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sepm-liveupdate-failed-0

12.1 RU2, Language: SymAllLanguages, ItemSeqName: PATCH
                bSelect=((GetRegValue ("HKLM", "Software\\Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection\\SEPM\\Content", "Ferrari")=="1") ||
                (GetRegValue ("HKLM", "Software\\Wow6432Node\\Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection\\SEPM\\Content", "Ferrari")=="1"));
    6/19/2014, 15:37:37 GMT ->     Calling GetRegValue ().
    6/19/2014, 15:37:37 GMT ->     The registry value "Ferrari" in "Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SEPM\Content" at "HKLM" could not be found, defaulting to "<NULL>".
    6/19/2014, 15:37:37 GMT ->     "<NULL>" == "1" evaluated to false.
    6/19/2014, 15:37:37 GMT ->     Calling GetRegValue ().
    6/19/2014, 15:37:37 GMT ->     The registry value "Ferrari" in "Software\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SEPM\Content" at "HKLM" could not be found, defaulting to "<NULL>".
    6/19/2014, 15:37:37 GMT ->     "<NULL>" == "1" evaluated to false.

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 09:45 AM

@ Rafeeq: Thanks for sharing it.

@ Iamadmin: Next release might be the SEP 12.RU5 but can't reveal at this point more info about .

I would recommend to subscibe for email bulletins if you haven't register yet.

Click on the URL link below to register for the email bulletin service:
    http://www.symantec.com/business/support/news_bulletins/index.jsp

• 8.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 12:35 PM

Quick update: The catalog should be updated sometime in the very near future to reflect the proper listings.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and sorry for any confusion it may have caused!

• 9.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Porsche and Ferrari?

Posted Jun 23, 2014 09:57 AM

Thanks to everyone for the replies, all very informative. smiley

As my LUA install automatically updates the product catalog I can't show what the listing looked like last week, but as of this morning I see the following:

SEP-Versions-LUA.JPG

If the new beta's can be modified and or removed, maybe the old beta's and can be removed as well. Can't speak for everyone, but for me they only add confusion as to what I should be including in my daily download.

Thanks again!

-Mike