Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec Endpoint Protection Client 12.1.6 MP8 infected by trojan.win32/fuery.b!cl

• 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection Client 12.1.6 MP8 infected by trojan.win32/fuery.b!cl

Posted Aug 02, 2017 11:11 AM

Using the latest Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP8 from the fille connect site https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com,  I commenced in installing on a Windows 10 Enterprise 64  bit  PC that has all he lasted updates from Microsoft.

During the install processes,  I kept getting errors. I noticed that Windows Defender kept stalling the installation process. When I looked at the Windows Defender console, Windows Defender stated one of the files within the Symantec Endpoint Client 12.1.6. MP8 has a trojan/virus ( Trojan.Win32/fuery.b!cl ). This could be a false positive so I wasn't sure so I removed the older client and install files and went back to the previous version 12.1.6 MP7 with no issues.

Just wondering if anyone else has bumped into this issue.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client 12.1.6 MP8 infected by trojan.win32/fuery.b!cl

Posted Aug 02, 2017 11:24 AM

Haven't seen this but I suspect a false positive. May want to get a case open with Symantec to alert them though.