Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 - Licensing & Create Server Image

Posted Aug 14, 2010 12:28 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi, i have 2 question, one regarding licensing & the other regarding creating server image.
    background:
    we just bought a new server running windows SBS 2003 R2.
    we also bought the "Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 enterprise system builder" - which came with installation dvd.

Problem 1:
    after installing the GSS 2.5, i download the license from the website and use it. then i saw the option to download the GSS 2.5.1,
    so i download, uninstalled the 2.5, installed the 2.5.1, and when i add the license, i get the message "the license file has already been added 0x00000018".
    i print screen the problem & attached it  as "licensing issue.pdf".

Problem 2:
    We bought the GSS only to be able to GHOST the server itself.
    how can i do that?

Thanks
    Assaf M.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    licensing issue.pdf   73 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 - Licensing & Create Server Image

Posted Aug 14, 2010 02:46 PM
    problem 1 solved.

please help me with problem 2

Thanks,
    Assaf M.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 - Licensing & Create Server Image

Posted Aug 30, 2010 02:26 AM
    Hi,

You can create ghost boot package through Ghost Boot Wizard and do the imaging offline for the console server. Ghost is having feature to take image online (hot imaging) but it is not supported for server operating system. Even there is no facility to take the image on the fly of the server on which GSS console is installed. Please let me know if you need any further information.

• 4.  RE: Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 - Licensing & Create Server Image

Posted Sep 09, 2010 06:16 PM
    Hi

I purchased a Symantec ghost solution suite 2.5 enterprise licence, pls guide me how to how to get the license keys?

• 5.  RE: Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 - Licensing & Create Server Image

Posted Sep 09, 2010 11:57 PM
      |   view attached
    You must have received .slf file as license and that is the license key for Ghost. You need to apply it thorugh console. follow steps below to apply the license.

1. Open Ghost console
    2. Goto help tap and click on register console option.
    3. Click on browse button. Provide the path of .slf file you received as license.
    4. Click OK button.
    5. Now you will see the screen attached in license.jpg.

I hope this will clear how to apply license. Please let me know if you have any furhter query.