Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Mar 26, 2012 09:26 AM

One of our customers updated his Symantec Installation Manager lately to SIM 7.1.194.0. Unfortunately he couldn't remember the version which he upgraded from. After this update, his SIM displays solutions, new products, updates and so on like this:

Anybody encountered this behaviour and maybe got a solution for it? Server reboot was done already.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Mar 26, 2012 11:19 AM

Hi,

I have seen this before when upgrading from Sim v7.1.75 to v7.1.194. This made it unusable just like your picture, however that corruption if you leave it long enough sometimes corrects itself.

The fix was to uninstall the sim and reinstall the latest version, in my case it was v7.1.190.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Mar 27, 2012 09:06 AM

You should be able to close and relaunch SIM and see things correctly.  Starting with version 7.1.190, SIM works with the .pl.xml files differently.  This causes display issues and other eccentricities.  If a simple relaunch isn't enough, you could uninstall and reinstall.

• 4.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Mar 29, 2012 04:09 AM

Unfortunately reopening has no effect. We deleted symantec.pl.xml to let SIM download it again, but this did not change the problem also. Can we reinstall SIM without harming the Notification Server Installation with its solutions? Is there a best practice?

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Apr 04, 2012 09:31 PM

Do you have a fix for this yet as i do not want to damage the notification server installation settings.

• 6.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Apr 05, 2012 07:14 AM

I have no fix or solution for this problem yet. But I will open a Case with Symantec next week, when the customer is available again.

I'll let you know the outcome.

• 7.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Apr 06, 2012 08:17 AM

Do you have the Dell Management Console installed?  If so, does this go away when you change SIM to the official Symantec product listing?  Mine did.

• 8.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Apr 10, 2012 07:48 PM

Thanks for the tip, I did change to the Symantec product listing and upgraded to 7.1.206 and all is good.

• 9.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Apr 11, 2012 02:33 AM

To avoid that kind of behavior I always set the regional settings to English...

So if the SIM has a bug I'm sure it's a general failure in SIM and not related to the translation.

Regards,

Anthony

• 10.  RE: Symantec Installation Manager Displaying Errors after Update to SIM 7.1.194.0

Posted Apr 20, 2012 12:29 AM

rjac, did the below DMC-related fix resolve it for you?