Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec_Brightmail_Gateway_OSrestore_8.0.3-11_Linux_Int. OS Repair

Posted Jan 07, 2010 07:27 AM
    Dear All.

Please help me to sort out the issue.

I installed Symantec_Brightmail_Gateway_OSrestore_8.0.3-11_Linux_Int.iso on Dell Workstation. Due to Power fluctuation Workstation was restarted. After that OS was corrupted. Please tell me how to Repair "Symantec_Brightmail_Gateway_OSrestore_8.0.3-11_Linux_Int.iso "

Regards,
    Bala Krishna

• 2.  RE: Symantec_Brightmail_Gateway_OSrestore_8.0.3-11_Linux_Int. OS Repair

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2010 11:24 AM
    You need to start the computer back up off the CD you burnt the ISO to and reinstall.

Just so you know, the appliance is not supported on Dell workstations, only the Brightmail Appliances we sell or VMware ESXi is supported.

• 3.  RE: Symantec_Brightmail_Gateway_OSrestore_8.0.3-11_Linux_Int. OS Repair

Posted Jan 07, 2010 03:26 PM
    Hi Bala,

I see that JDavis had already pointed out in another thread (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-add-nic-drivers-symantecbrightmailgatewayosrestore803-11linuxintiso-image#comment-3368321) that installation on dell workstation is not supported.  Please use the supported hardware/software to avoid running into issues that support is not able to assist with.

Since you want to use Brightmail Gateway Software on your own hardware, as JDavis suggested, you should deploy it under VMWare ESX/ESXi.  Please see the topic titled "Symantec Brightmail Gateway Virtual Edition" in the Symantec Brightmail Gateway 8.0 Installation Guide available here for more details:

ftp://ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/documentation/sbg_installation_guide.pdf

Thanks for your interest in Symantec Products.

Regards,

Adnan

• 4.  RE: Symantec_Brightmail_Gateway_OSrestore_8.0.3-11_Linux_Int. OS Repair

Posted Feb 22, 2010 11:41 AM
    Hi Bala,

Can you please close this thread by marking the response from TSE-JDavis as the solution?

Thanks

Adnan