HP,Altiris Group

• 1.  t5730 Post Image Configuration Problem

Posted Jun 10, 2009 02:01 PM
    Hi....running into a problem with the post image configuration on the t5730.  I have the "Automatically perfom configuration afte completing this imageing task." and "Boot to production to complete configuration task." selected in the image task.  The image comes down successfully but then once the ThinClient boots into windows it brings up the Configuring Computer screen.  Now, I know it is supposed to do that but the problem is it will reboot then configure then reboot then configure...on and on in an endless cycle.

Has anyone seen this before (please tell me someone has seen this before) and knows the resolution?

Thanks,

Chad

• 2.  RE: t5730 Post Image Configuration Problem

Posted Jun 10, 2009 02:24 PM
    I am using DS 6.9 SP2 and DS 6.9 (No SP) and am getting the same results.  The OS image version (from HP) is 5.1.710 but got the same with older versions too.  I think the problem is the EWF.  It is disabled on the image I am deploying but gets reenabled after the first configuration reboot.  If I manually disable it again then the configuration completes successfully.  If only I could figure how to get it to stay off during the configure.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Chad

• 3.  RE: t5730 Post Image Configuration Problem

Posted Jun 10, 2009 03:03 PM
    Not sure if this is causing your issue or not as I don't use thin clients where I am.  I have come across (especially because I use sysprep'd images) problems with "Automatically perfom configuration after completing this imageing task." You might uncheck that box and do a separate task for the configuration.

• 4.  RE: t5730 Post Image Configuration Problem

Posted Jun 11, 2009 06:16 AM
    I use the HP ThinState Capture utility (located in the control panel) to prepare the image (5.1.710).
    When it’s done I use Altiris to capture and deploy the image.