Symanec Protection Suites

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Teefer2 driver will not install for Dell inspiron 11Z (intel wimax 5150)

• 1.  Teefer2 driver will not install for Dell inspiron 11Z (intel wimax 5150)

Posted Aug 24, 2011 03:02 PM

My first issue is Live update downloads all virus defs and program updates then times out with a "LU1835", thus resulting in SEP not updating....  at all!!!                       I have been watching the forums on this and this seems to be an unresolved issue.  I have ran the SEP diagnostic tools, and it results in stating the "Teefer2" driver isn't loaded.  Just as a far fetched attempt I un-installed all my network drivers and watched them as they were being re-installed into the device manager. I first loaded the LAN driver, then noticed the "teefer2 driver" briefly showed up; then once the wireless driver started to install the Teefer2 driver disappereared, now none of the teefer2 drivers are installed.  I have a Dell Latittude D620, and on my work network and it updates flawlessly through our proxy, I have also tried doing updates from my home and still get the LU1835 error.  I have manually downloaded the virus defs for SEP 11.x (I'm using 11.6) on our work network, and they installed. So now all that is needed are the Threat protection updates.  If anyone has had this same or like issue and has a resolution for it...please share it with me.............pretty please. I'll buy you lunch :)

• 2.  RE: Teefer2 driver will not install for Dell inspiron 11Z (intel wimax 5150)

Posted Aug 25, 2011 02:59 PM

Take a look at the article, Error: "LU1835: Connection to the LiveUpdate server failed" (Enterprise).

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH101807&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1314298592223

Let me know if it helps with your issue, and we can decide on lunch : )

Best,

Thomas