Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Trying to get windows 10 1709 image

Posted Dec 18, 2017 07:24 AM

Okay guys sorry if this is any double post here. I am working from a Dell 3150 Laptop with a 32 gig hard drive. I have it running windows 10 ver. 1709 I was able to sysprep the machine. and i did make an image of it of course i did the following

changed bios settings to legacy secure boot off

rebooted to pxe captured image 

started 2nd computer same as the other one dell 3150 ( i have about 300) 

booted to ghost thru network connection

imaged 2nd computer

after restart went back in to bios and turned ufei boot on and secure boot on

then restarted and it tells me no drive found. if i go back to the F12 boot screen it does not show ssd drive listed. I have to go back to legacy boot mode with secure boot off. then maybe it will show windows 10 squares and circle but then it just sits i left it over the weekend and nothing

now the original computer i imaged is doing the same thing but it will boot like a brand new machine if i leave it on legacy boot secure boot off.

I am just new at this point and lost i went ahead over the weekend and uninstalled Ghost from my server and reinstalled it strating from scratch to make sure everything is right. but can anyone shed light on why this image is not working?

Robert Cooper

• 2.  RE: Trying to get windows 10 1709 image

Posted Dec 19, 2017 04:50 AM

I think that there is a fundamental issue with your sysprep file.  In order for the operating system to boot, it needs to know how to find the block drivers for the SATA chipset and these have to be specified in the Sysprep file.