Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to login to VMware vCenter Server after installing SEPM 11.0.5

Posted Mar 26, 2010 02:02 PM
    First let me say that I am a novice with SEP and am learning as I go. Everything I am doing is stricktly for training/learning purposes.
    I have the vSphere client installed on a Windows 7 workstation, vCenter Server installed on a Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, which is running on a physical ESXi Server. Everything worked well for several weeks, up until I installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager v11.0.5002.333 on the same Windows Server 2003 virtual machine as vCenter Server. After rebooting the virtual machine (as required by SEPM after the install), I was unable to log back into this virtual machine/vCenter Server using the vSphere client. I suspect there may be a port issue, but I am not sure, as I have stated I am a novice and not that familiar with what ports are being utilized by SEPM nor vCenter Server. There may be some other issue that I am not aware of. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Joey

• 2.  RE: Unable to login to VMware vCenter Server after installing SEPM 11.0.5

Posted Mar 26, 2010 05:45 PM
    First i would like to let you know that SEPM does not require a Reboot.

VMware Web Service port —uses port 8443 and even SEPM uses the same port

Run the  managment server configuration wizrd and chnage 8443 to 8444

OR chnage the port in Vcenter

This may be handy

Title: 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) service fails to start when VMWare Web Access Service is running'
    Document ID: 2009012613500548
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2009012613500548?Open&seg=ent

• 3.  RE: Unable to login to VMware vCenter Server after installing SEPM 11.0.5

Posted Mar 26, 2010 10:06 PM
    Hello Prachard, thank you for your reply....

I followed your instructions and ran the  managment server configuration wizrd and changed port 8443 to 8444, and I still have the same issue. Are there any other ports I need to be concerned with...anything else that may be the cause ? Thanks again for your assistance.

Joey

• 4.  RE: Unable to login to VMware vCenter Server after installing SEPM 11.0.5

Posted Mar 28, 2010 08:03 PM
    As far as I know this should be the only port conflict. Are you getting a error message when you try to log in using the vSphere client?

Grant-

• 5.  RE: Unable to login to VMware vCenter Server after installing SEPM 11.0.5
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2010 12:10 AM
    Dooes VM center uses tomcat?

If yes then we need to change the port.

In open the server.xml and then change the port 8005 to 8006

server,xml in in under program files/symantec/SEPM/tomcat/config/server.xml