Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Feb 21, 2018 10:33 AM

I'm having a hard time creating a Windows 10 1709 image because it doesn't seem to want to sysprep successfully. Through extensive Googling and a couple support calls, it seems Microsoft has made it extremely difficult to sysprep Windows 10.  The specific errors I'm seeing in the sysprep error log are:

SYSPRP setupdigetclassdevs failed with error 0

SYSPRP ClipCleanUpState resetting WNF_OLIC_OS_LICENSE_TERMS_ACCEPTED failed with NTSTATUS=c0000022

Has anyone been able to successfully create presysprep and sysprepped 1709 images for deployment with GSS 3.2 RU5? I was given a document with some steps to take before attempting sysprep (like disabling automatic updates of Windows Store apps, deferring feature updates, and removing UWP apps with Powershell), but still see those two errors in the sysprep error log.

• 2.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:13 PM

I'm currently at GSS 3.2 RU5 and ran into a sysprep failure after trying to sysprep 1709 (build 16299).  This was my issue and this was my solution:

I checked the log file and found that a Windows 10 application called Miracastview was causing the Sysprep failure.  Below is the solution to this error.  I have tested it now on two images that I have updated with the Feature Update.

SOLUTION:

1.       On the image that you are updating, navigate to C:\windows.old and copy the Miracastview folder

2.       On that same image, navigate to C:\Windows and paste the Miracastview folder

3.       Restart the image station

4.       Run Sysprep

• 3.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Feb 22, 2018 07:31 AM

Hi Rob. I've been doing nothing but creating 1709 images for the past couple of weeks so I might be able to assist if you send over your current two setup***.log files from the Panther folder.

The most common issue I've seen is a sort of UWP "creep" - where you've completely unprovisioned UWP apps from the sytem but they're somehow supposedly provisioned for a single profile at some point. There are plenty of other weird little issues too of course.

​The single best piece of advice I can give you without seeing the logs is ignore the message telling you to look at setupact.log and dig into setuperr.log instead. Without doing that I'd have not been able to reseal a single 1709 image so far.

• 4.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Feb 22, 2018 08:40 AM
      |   view attached

I'm glad to hear that you've been successful. Here's the contents of my setuperr.log

2018-02-20 17:23:27, Error                 SYSPRP setupdigetclassdevs failed with error 0
    2018-02-20 17:23:32, Error                 SYSPRP ClipCleanUpState resetting WNF_OLIC_OS_LICENSE_TERMS_ACCEPTED failed with NTSTATUS=c0000022

I'll attach the setupact. I should say that sysprep doesn't error out. It completes and shuts down but then it will boot to a blue screen.

Attachment(s)

txt
    setupact-2-20-2018.txt   150 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Feb 22, 2018 01:25 PM

Can you check the Windows 10 Activation?  Open cmd and run the following cmds to activate Windows:

slmgr /ipk <windows  key>
    slmgr /ato

I didn't see an attachement of the setupact log file.

Do you remember what apps you removed with powershell?

• 6.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Feb 28, 2018 09:23 AM

Thanks ITGirl. I've been activating Windows via KMS. Here's my process for Windows 10:

Install Windows 10 Enterprise via USB.

Install custom software: Browsers, Office, etc.
    Windows Updates, Activate
    Go to Microsoft Store settings and disable automatic updates and "show products on tile"
    Then, to prevent any updates from occurring in the background, I disconnect the machine from the network, and remove all (?) UWP apps with this Powershell script:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

(This would be when I would capture the pre-sysprep image, but I've been skipping this to see if I can get it to reboot after sysprepping)

Sysprep: sysprep /oobe /generalize /reboot

Occasionally it will reboot into Windows setup after running sysprep, but I could never reproduce it reliably with a captured image. It just boots to a blue screen:

"The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File: \Windows\system32\config\system
    Error code: 0xc000000f"

• 7.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Mar 01, 2018 02:06 PM

Are you creating your image in audit mode?

Are you also removing all the provisioned apps through powershell?

• 8.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Mar 02, 2018 08:58 AM

Not creating the image in audit mode and the script I posted above is the only Powershell script I'm using. I've been imaging Windows 7 without issue for years using essentially the same process (sans Powershell)

• 9.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2018 12:40 PM

May have spoken too soon.

• 10.  RE: Unable to sysprep Windows 10 1709

Posted Apr 06, 2018 11:04 AM

Were you able to resovle the issue?  I'm curious as to what the fix was.