Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Updating Clients SEP 11.5

Posted Oct 29, 2009 01:28 PM
    I've updated my console to RU5, but I need to update my clients now. 

I've tried right-clicking a client in the console -> Run Command on Cients -> Update Content.

Isn't that supposed to update the client software, if there's an update available?  How long should it take?  Are there any notifications for it?  Is there a reboot needed, and if so, why aren't I getting a notification of that?

This particular client is a Server 2003 box, but I also have some 2008 machines that I need to update as well.  Are there differences between the two OS versions?

I tried allowing the client autoupdate to happen when I updated the console, but it just didn't seem to work at all, so I'm looking at options to do this on each box, hopefully through the console.

• 2.  RE: Updating Clients SEP 11.5

Posted Oct 29, 2009 01:34 PM

• 3.  RE: Updating Clients SEP 11.5

Posted Oct 29, 2009 02:15 PM
    Vikram,

Thanks, but I have that document.  That's the one that didn't seem to work.

Question, though:

When I'm going through the steps in that document, Step 9 has me going into Upgrade Settings.  I've chosen to keep existing features, but do I need to create the schedule?  If I leave that blank, will it update right away, or not at all?  What kind of timeframe should I set in there, if I need to set that?  Also, do I need to spread the updates over more than one day?  The updates shouldn't require a reboot, right?

• 4.  RE: Updating Clients SEP 11.5
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2009 02:19 PM
     Don't set any schedule...It will upgrade right-away  ( right away = 20-30 minutes).
    I will require a reboot as any software installation does..but you don't have to do it right away..clients can reboot their machines as per their schedules or in the weekend..reboot doesn't affect sep functionality..

• 5.  RE: Updating Clients SEP 11.5

Posted Oct 29, 2009 02:27 PM
    Ok, so a reboot is required.  But you're saying that SEP will continue operating, at the new version?  But the version won't be updated in the console, or on the machine?

• 6.  RE: Updating Clients SEP 11.5

Posted Oct 29, 2009 02:35 PM
    I think that the new version will be used and updated status shown in console, just NTP requires reboot?