Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

Posted Jun 13, 2010 03:03 PM
    Hello, How long it takes? I`m making the upgrade via www and from a 2 hours it is still nothing happends. Of course while upgrade there is no network on that server so I don`t see what is going on now.

• 2.  RE: Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

Posted Jun 13, 2010 03:39 PM

Good question.  The length of the update is heavily dependent on several factors.  The health of the box, bandwidth considerations (How long it takes to download the update) Size of the Database on the appliance. 

To see the progress of the update you can log in to the command line interface (Either locally at the box or via ssh) as admin and type the command "tail update.log" You are looking for the last entry to say something along the lines of the upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 has completed successfully and the server to reboot.

• 3.  RE: Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

Posted Jun 13, 2010 03:55 PM
    Thx for the answer.
    But it could be 3 hours or more  for that?

• 4.  RE: Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

Posted Jun 13, 2010 04:13 PM

... and network should be back or do I have to do physical restart? I have still opened window with updating process - will it return to home page?

• 5.  RE: Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

Posted Jun 14, 2010 10:16 AM

The box should do a reboot as part of the upgrade. I don't think the GUI will restart.  As said above, check the progress log via comand line.

I highly recommend doing the upgrade from the command prompt using the "update download" command to get the bits downloaded.  I do this twice to ensure that all the bits are found. the download is a few hundered MB so it could take a long time depending on you network connectivity..  The 2nd time should show downloaded 0 of 0 bytes.

Then I issue the "update install" command.  This phase on 8380's takes 10-20 minutes.